Doctoral students may be able to access individual modules on the MRes Social Sciences course (via the unprogrammed route) to support an identified training need. The modules are listed below:
- Qualitative Research 1 (QR1)
- Qualitative Research 2 (QR2)
- Survey Methods 1 (SM1)
- Survey Methods 2 (SM2)
- Discourse and Linguistic Theory and Analysis ELECTIVE
- Survey Methods 3 (SM3) ELECTIVE
- Principles of Methodology: Positivist Tradition
- Principles of Methodology: Social Constructionism
- Philosophies of Research: Classical Social Theory
- Philosophies of Research: Contemporary Social Theory
There is a module fee payable (normally by arrangement with your Research Institute doctoral team or Director of Studies). There is no award attached to this route and you will not be required to take the assessments.
The MRes programme normally commences in January for doctoral students and the closing date for application is normally November. You must discuss your programme of study with your doctoral supervisor before submitting your application to Elle Long (course administrator) via the PSP Academic Administration team inbox.
Module outlines: MRes Social Sciences Module Outlines
Application form: MRes Associate Application Unprogrammed 2021-22
Module choice form: PhD Students- MRes Unprogrammed Module Choice Form (Jan Start)- 2021-22