- This event has passed.
CCRI – RF2 Training
30 November 2023 @ 10:30 - 12:00
The Application for Confirmation of PhD is a formal assessment point at which the university evaluates whether there is sufficient progress and solid enough base from which to proceed to examination for PhD at level 8. Candidates are required to present and defend their work at a CCRI RF2 symposium and submit a written report (before 15 months FT and 27 months PT) for independent assessment. Confirmation of PhD is also an important checkpoint to review project management, training needs and support for the programme.
At the session we will:
- Discuss assessment requirements, assessment criteria, process, deadlines, and outcomes including what happens if you don’t pass on first attempt
- Discuss what to expect at the CCRI RF2 symposium and how to approach preparation for your presentation
- Go through the main sections of the RF2A form
- Identify any problems, issues or concerns and offer support and guidance
We cover a lot of important ground at this session, and students who attend are much better prepared to tackle their Application for Confirmation. We strongly recommend that candidates (and their supervisors) attend the workshop and make time in supervision to discuss the CCRI Confirmation of PhD Procedures.
Preparation work required:
- Download the RF2A form from the Research Degrees Blackboard site.
- Download the CCRI Confirmation of PhD Procedures from the CCRI Blackboard site and read before the session. Write down any queries or questions you want to ask.
Session is for current CCRI PGRs who are expected to present their RF2 oral assessment at the February 2024 Symposia, and their Directors of Study.
CCRI will be sending the registration link directly to those current CCRI PGRs expected to present their RF2 oral assessment at the February 2024 Symposia, and their Directors of Study.