Welcome to September’s edition of the Social Sciences and Humanities News Bulletin
If you would like to share any news stories, process updates or events, please email !SSHComms and we would be happy to include it in any future editions.
In this issue
• SSH staff news • SSH Research centre news • SSH Department news • SSH in the media • Staff wellbeing • Process updates • Estates news • Events • Training and opportunities
• New starters
SSH Research Centre News
• PsyPAG conference overview • Festival of Social Science update
SSH Department News
• Armed forces covenant report • HKC free legal advice• Stage and screen events • Children’s literary salon • Outstanding reviewer for International journal of sociology and social policy • Awards for papers written • Blogs and articles written for WonkHE
• How global travel might work in the future • University entry system • The disqualification of British athletes in Tokyo • Use of takeaway boxes to tackle knife crime • The impact of peat on the environment
• Mental health support at Hallam • New wellness intranet site • Latest Parent & Carer’s network blog and update
• Latest HROD brief • SHU card app • New SharePoint site for SAS launched • Smoke free Hallam • Windows 10 update
• Smoke free University
• VC all staff meetings • Research supervisor event • Sheffield & Rotherham Annual General meeting • Off the Shelf update • Performance Lab Off The Shelf 2019 events
• How to write for the Conversation session • Equality analysis and inclusive decision making • Peer led learning support • Wellbeing agenda • Graduation volunteers needed
As a member of the central Internal Communications team, my aim is to ensure that staff are kept up to date and informed with what is happening both across the University and at a local level. Working closely with Danielle Allen, the SSH Faculty Operations Manager, I share information using staff email, the monthly news bulletin, our SSH intranet site and social media.
If you have any faculty related events, research or local success stories that you would like to share, you can email me ! SSH Comms or phone #5664 and I would be happy to have a chat about how I can support you moving forward.
Please follow us on Twitter to get up to date news and information about what is happening in the faculty and University on a daily basis.