You will notice that a series of additional channels have been added to all 2019/20 Blackboard module site homepages.
These channels provide both students and staff with a consistent set of important information about that module directly from data held in the student record system, SITS.
In the relevant channels, guidance will be provided informing staff how they can report any incorrect information they find.
The screencast below is about the channels:
- My Announcements – shows announcements from the last 7 days. Click on ‘more announcements’ to see previous announcements.
- Module Information – displays the Module Leader name and email address, and the External Examiner name and their institution.
- Module Reading list – Provides a link to the RLO Reading List for the module. This is the only channel that can be hidden from your home page if you are unable to use a RLO Reading List.
- Assessment Schedule, shows the summative assessment information for the module – task (or subtask) name, weight, deadline and expected feedback return date (as indicated in SITS). For consistency it reflects the layout and style as shown in the students’ Assessment Statement. The channel also provides a link to My Student Record for students to access their Course Assessment Statement.
- What’s New – displays new content that has been added to the Blackboard site.
- Staff Reports – Provides convenient links to search Learning Contracts, the Capping Report and Module Evaluation results. This channel is not shown to students.
- Module Evaluations. Provides links to any incomplete module evaluations. This channel is only shown to students. Staff can access Module Evaluation results from the Staff Reports channel.
- Student Reps – Provides a link for students to find their Course Rep should they need to contact them for any reason.
New Blackboard Module Site Home Page Channels Blog article link on TEL at SHU
Update on Blackboard Module Site Home Page Channels Blog article link on TEL at SHU