AHRC Next Generation Design Research Workshop hosted at the Head Post Office, Sheffield on 24 January 2018
The Sheffield Institute of Arts will be the venue for the second AHRC Next Generation Design Research Workshop of 2018. The workshop, scheduled for Wednesday 24 January 2018, is designed to explore the processes involved in applying for an AHRC grant and will be particularly helpful for researchers looking to secure their first AHRC funding grant and for other researchers looking to find out more about the funding schemes offered by the AHRC.
About the workshops
The Next Generation Design Research workshops have been designed to help you to understand what the AHRC currently funds and how to best prepare your AHRC funding application. On the day, there will be opportunities to meet with past and present AHRC design research award holders and network with other researchers.
The agenda will include a briefing from the AHRC Design Leadership Fellow, Professor Paul Rodgers, presentations from successful AHRC design research award holders, a research support office presentation, a presentation from the AHRC, a Q&A session and networking.
Who should attend?
– Prospective design research academic leads from universities and IROs
– Early career design researchers
– Get inspired and learn how to create proposals with impact with presentations from AHRC funded design researchers.
– Ask the AHRC team about funding and application processes
– Meet and network with potential research partners
– Professor Paul Rodgers, AHRC Design Leadership Fellow
– Harry Kerr, Portfolio Manager, Creative Arts and Digital Humanities, AHRC
– Dr Claire Craig, Co-Director of Lab4Living
– Matt Willox, Research Assistant and Product Designer
– Professor Esther Johnson, Professor of Film and Media Arts, Principal Lecturer in Film and Media Production
– Nataliya Korzhuk
– Professor Paul Chamberlain, Co-Director C3RI, Head of Art and Design Research Centre, Director of Lab4Living and Director of Design Futures
– Chris Dolan, Research and Innovation Office