The Changing the Learning Landscape Programme is an initiative from the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education. It encourages universities to change their culture and to increase the use of educational technologies. Sheffield Hallam University’s (SHU) engagement in this initiative focusses on increasing, and enhancing, the use of existing tools and technologies.
These workshops are an opportunity for you to begin engaging with the ‘Teaching Approaches Menu’ that has been developed in consultation with academic colleagues at SHU. The Menu is a framework that will assist academic staff in identifying different teaching strategies and the technologies that can support and facilitate these strategies, enhancing existing provision or as part of designing and developing new courses.
Activities presented, and resources available, within this session will support and encourage participants to work together:
- reflect on their current teaching approaches
- consider the use of technology to enhance teaching approaches
- explore the balance of teaching approaches and use of technology across modules
- develop an action plan of how they will enhance their teaching approaches.
Beyond the session, individual participants will be encouraged to follow up on their action plan. The session facilitators will retain copies of action plans produced to assist participants in continuing to work on their next steps. Due to the nature of the session, the outcomes will likely enhance teaching approaches at an individual module level. Participants, therefore, will be strongly encouraged to take this initiative back to their teaching teams so that they consider enhancing their teaching practice.
To book on an event, click on the date/time of the session (below) and complete the booking form.
These events form part of a series of CPD opportunities at SHU.
- Wednesday 9th July 2014 – 10:00 – 12:00, City Campus
- Friday 11th July 2014 – 14:00 – 16:00, Collegiate Campus
- Monday 14th July – 10:30 – 12:30, City Campus
- Wednesday 23rd July – 10:00 – 12:00, Collegiate Campus