The following work will be completed by the end of April 2019 to allow implementation for 2019/20
- A minimum of 20 credits of work experience at every level of every course, to be introduced in level 4 from 2019/20.
- Work experience to be articulated through the following real world settings: Community; Research & Consultancy; Industry; Enterprise; International.
- The development of digital skills pathways from which courses can tailor their personalised digital offer.
- Graduate Attributes have been embedded into every level on every course.
- Ensuring that there is in place a personalised and impactful ‘Career Readiness’ programme to support transition through the levels and towards highly skilled employment.
- The (re) development of a Placement Year to include a 120 Credit Diploma offered to every student on every course.
- An External Advisory Board aligned to every Department (or thematic group where divergence from the model is agreed).
- Close links to the Communications team to ensure that the framework is clearly articulated for students and others.
Kevin Kerrigan, PVC for Enterprise and SBS is the ULT lead working with Conor Moss (Business Engagement, Skills and Employability) and others to complete this work.
It is acknowledged that the changes listed above will require significant input from across the University and that there are close inter-dependencies with the work under the ‘Hallam Model’ project – to progress the design principles for all undergraduate courses led by Roger Eccleston, PVC Research and Global Engagement.