Business & Engagement Leads; Employability Leads; and Placement Leads (as per Department terminology)
For the academic year 2021/22, the following staff have been identified as having strategic responsibility for sandwich placements within their Department:
- Art & Design:Dean Stanford-Palmer
- Biosciences & Chemistry: Philip Gardiner & Robert Bradshaw
- Computing: Michael Heselton
- Engineering & Maths: Leo Vefghi
- Sheffield Institute of Education: Jean Harris Evans (formally TED and ECI)
- Finance, Accounting & Business Systems: Michael Benson
- Humanities: Yvonne Battle-Felton
- Law & Criminology: Keeley Fletcher
- Natural & Built Environment:Daniela Hawryliuk
- Management:Colleen Heaton
- Media, Arts & Communication:John Hayes
- Psychology, Sociology & Politics:Rachel Abbott
- Service Sector Management:Paul Wyton
- Sport & Physical Activity:Rosie Leach
Resources for Business & Engagement Leads (or equivalent)
Resources for academics are included within the Sandwich Placement Support blackboard site template. In addition, the resources below are to be used by Business & Engagement Leads (or equivalent)
- Sandwich Placement Flexibility Guide
- APDip Synoptic Portfolio Exemplar(use/adapt to produce your own)
- Applied Professional Diploma – Staff Guide 2021/22
- Placement Academic Supervisor Guide 2022/23 (use/adapt to produce your own)
The Placement dashboard includes information on students going out on placement up to the academic year 2021/22.
The ‘dashboard’ tab provides up-to-date numbers of placed students with tools to compare the position against the previous year. The ‘student data’ tab includes information related to all placement seeking and placed students. Due to the information contained within this document, access is controlled on a case-by-case basis. To request access, email the Work Experience Team.
For information in relation to students going on placement in 2022/23 – work on this is in progress as part of the transition to Handshake.
Placement Academic Supervisor (or equivalent)
The Placement Academic Supervisor Guide 2022/23 (use/adapt to produce your own) is available to download. This is a standard version which has not been adapted by your Employability Lead (or equivalent as named above), contact your Employability Lead to confirm you are using the correct version.