The table provides an overview on the work streams and the 2018/19 focus of the Creating Knowledge Board (click on the table for a larger printable version)
The information below is taken from the Transforming Lives Strategy Implementation Plan, sitting alongside the ten immediate priorities and the key deliverables of the other three pillar boards.
Our vision is to be the world’s leading applied university, achieving outstanding outcomes for our students and our city, and showing the world what a university genuinely focused on transforming lives can achieve. We will do this by creating knowledge – our research and industry partnerships will provide innovative, practical solutions to real challenges.
- international recognition for undertaking research which has real social, economic and cultural impact
- identifying and seizing opportunities to lead in new and emerging areas
- applying research to enrich students’ learning and working with others to ensure translation into practice
Deliverables to 2020
- enhancing our research through targeted investment in areas of activity where we can make a distinctive contribution. As part of this work, we will create a new Health Innovation Campus at the Olympic Legacy Park integrating cutting edge research, elite sport performance and public health and wellbeing, with the £14 million Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre at its core
- enhancing the impact of our research by supporting entrepreneurship and ensuring that all students access the best available knowledge or practice
- strengthening research and scholarly activity of outstanding quality by building teams which are well-balanced across learning and teaching, research and professional engagement; improving performance management and appraisals to encourage outstanding research and consultancy at a team level; providing appropriate CPD opportunities for staff with the potential to produce high-quality research; developing cross-disciplinary networks, and setting out clear expectations of staff around research and scholarship