Health Declaration

You need to complete an online Health Declaration to determine your suitability to train to teach. This confidential process is in collaboration with our NHS partners, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals.

As part of this assessment you are expected to provide all relevant, truthful and accurate information including any previous health conditions, even if you think they may not be relevant and you feel you have fully recovered.  This will also enable you to access our support and well being services and safeguard you and our partner schools.

You will receive an email from sth.occupationalhealth@hostedcohort.co.uk with the subject title “Occupational Health Clearance” with guidance on how to complete the online application. Only contact us if you have not received email after 2 weeks. Please check your “junk” mail. 

You will be unable to complete the Declaration on a mobile device. If you have any issues completing the questionnaire on Desktop please try different browsers before contacting us.

You must log into the site and complete the form within 7 days of receiving the email from Cohort otherwise your password will expire.

Where needed a telephone or face to face appointment will be arranged. It is important you engage with this as soon as you are contacted.  If you have any queries contact the NHS on  01142714737 or sohs@sth.nhs.uk

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I have withdrawn my application why am I still receiving reminder emails to complete a Health Declaration?

A. This process is managed by our NHS partners, therefore please contact us, contact details on the ‘contact us’ tab, and we will update their system.

Q. I have an ongoing health condition but I don’t think it will impact me on my course, should I still declare?

A. Yes, providing this information will ensure you are supported and safeguarded whilst on placement.