Meet two winners of the Inspirational Student Award

As we celebrate all the winners of the Inspirational Student Award at our overseas partner institutions, we’d like to introduce you to Amira and Veronica, who’ve both won Student of the Year.

Amira Fauza (left)

BA (Hons) / BA / Dip HE / Cert HE Interior Design, INTI Malaysia

Third year student Amira was nominated by her lecturer Mohd Sufi Ismail who says this about his Student of the Year,

“I had the pleasure of teaching her Graduation project class. From the first day of class, she impressed me with her ability to be articulate about difficult concepts and design vocabulary, her sensitivity to the issue in design, and her passion for reading, writing, and creative expression- both in and out of the classroom.

I am certain that Amira is going to continue to do great and creative things in her future. She is talented, caring, intuitive, dedicated, and focused in her pursuits. Amira consistently seeks out constructive feedback so she can improve her design & technical skills, which is a rare and impressive quality in a high school student. Amira is truly a stand-out individual who will impress everyone she meets.”

Amira says she feels honoured and excited, ” Now that I won, it feels like a noble price for me!”

Her advice to someone about to start the course is, “If you feel overwhelmed, don’t worry because everyone does. Most importantly, enjoy the course. If you have peculiar thoughts or idea, if you brace your inner passion and keep being curious, you will reach there. In the end of the road, you will see yourself missing those amazing moments of failure and success together with beautiful friendships along the journey.”

Veronica Modisang (right)

BA (Hons) Business Management, Botswana Accountancy College

Veronica is also in her final year, and has some wonderful quotes about her from her peers:

“Veronica is a highly determined student who has displayed leadership characteristics and is always keen on aiding her fellow peers.”

“Veronica is a well put together student, very hard working and determined. She was a class rep and still continued to display great leadership skills with pure diligence. She is an inspiration both to her classmates and outside. I strongly believe she deserves this award.”

Upon hearing she had won the award, Veronica says,

“I am inspired to do more and become more. To me it’s a sign that anything is possible if I put in the work. A sign that I can become a great leader if I keep learning, and possibly make an impact on my environment.”

Congratulations to Amira and Veronica, and all the nominees that have enriched the learning experience of their fellow students!