Land’s End to John O’Groats for The Alzheimer’s Society

Simon Brook from SBS is fundraising for Alzheimer’s Society and has completed the 1000 mile from Lands End to John O’Groats: “A colleague suggested I set a fundraising target and agree to shave off my hair if I manage to raise £1,000. I actually reached the target before even setting off! I’m now back at home and my hair is growing back, very slowly!

I had a great time on the bike ride and feel very lucky to have been able to fulfil this ambition and at the same time raise funds for the Alzheimer’s Society.

I cycled for 1,167 miles in total over 12½ days. The highlights were cycling across Dartmoor, through Swaledale (North Yorks) and pretty much the whole of Scotland! Also coming back to South Yorkshire mid-way through to see family and being joined by my friends John & Neil from Sheffield to Harrogate.”

If you would like to donate please visit the Just Giving web page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Simon-Brook or text SJBK50 and the amount you want to donate to 70070.  Please note that my bike ride was completely self-funded and so all donations go to the Alzheimer’s Society.

If anyone would like any further details about my ride including route details and photos, please email me at brooksimon@hotmail.co.uk.