The Hallam Fund telephone campaign raises £73,000

Last week the Development and Alumni Relations team hung up the phones on the newly-established Hallam Fund telephone fundraising campaign, which aims to raise money to provide additional support for our student and academic community.

The team are delighted with the positive responses received from the campaign and have successfully managed to secure over £73,000 in pledged donations.

This is a fantastic start to the Hallam Fund campaign, which will run annually and aims to raise £250,000 over five years through regular donations.

These donations will have a transformational impact on the lives of our students and academics – whether that is through awarding scholarships to those from under-represented or disadvantaged backgrounds, through providing bursaries to enable our students to access the best opportunities to develop their career, or through supporting our applied research.

Postgraduate finance, accounting and business studies student, Theodore, was part of the Hallam Fund calling team, he found the experience to be a great opportunity to speak to alumni about their journey since graduation.

I had a great time working with the Hallam Fund team and speaking with our alumni. I had lots of inspiring conversations and gained valuable life and career advice. One conversation I had even gave me some ideas about what I want to write about in my dissertation.”

The student callers have filmed a message to thank our donors.  You can watch it here.

If you would like to find out more or make a donation visit – shu.ac.uk/giving or contact the Development and Alumni Relations team on 0114 225 4454 or email alumni@shu.ac.uk