Key discussion points and outcomes
DTS Technology Strategy and Applications Roadmap
An overarching Technology Strategy is being developed and the Board received a presentation on the current status from Leon Etherington, Chief Information Officer.
The Strategy is composed of five roadmaps which together cover the University’s technology environment:
- Technology used in teaching and learning
- Technology used in research
- Applications used to run the organisation
- Underpinning infrastructure and data
- The personal technology we all use
As part of delivery of the Technology Strategy, the Board approved in principle the following projects:
- The Northern Data Centre
- Sandwich Placements System Migration
- Initial Teaching Experience Placement System
Please view the Technology Strategy slides for further information.
The Hallam Deal priorities and plan
The Board had an initial discussion of priorities and further updates will be available following the next meeting in June.
Professional Services Operating Model – project phase one brief
The Board received a project brief for the Professional Services Operating Model project which summarised key project information such as objectives and deliverables for phase one of delivery. Details are available on the staff intranet. In the meantime, if you have any questions please email ! Prof Serv Op Model
Equality & diversity priorities and establishment of the E&D Committee
The Board approved the new terms of reference and membership for the Equality and Diversity Committee which will be chaired by John Leach, PVC (Academic Staffing Equalities) and Dean of the Faculty of Development and Society. The Committee is accountable to the Building a Great University Board for the development of the University’s equality objectives and monitoring of progress towards them. It will provide support and challenge to business areas in the delivery of the equality objectives and achievement of targets.
- Apologies for absence
- Record of the meeting on 28 April 2017
- DTS Technology Strategy and Applications Roadmap
- The Hallam Deal priorities and plan
- Professional Services Operating Model – project phase one brief
- Strategic investments for prioritisation
- Equality & diversity priorities and establishment of the E&D Committee
- Key performance indicators
Richard Calvert (Chair) , Karen Bryan, Tony Clark, Sital Dhillon, Phill Dixon, Leon Etherington, Deborah Harry, Wayne Keating, John Leach, Bernie Marshall, Eileen McAuliffe, Justine Pedler, Jo Solecki, Sarah Swales, Mark Swales, Sally Wade, Libby Wilson, Debbie Squire (Secretary)