TAR UC students back in Sheffield after four years

Two of our Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC) students from 2012 intake recently returned to Sheffield to explore the place that they studied back in summer 2012. Here’s a brief account of their stay here reminiscing their old memories and exploring places in the UK that they didn’t cover when they were here as students four years ago.

Jethro Wong, studied BA Hon Business with E-Commerce and Marketing said “After completing my studies I went back to Malaysia and worked for 3 months for a marketing company. Afterwards I moved to work for an enterprise mobility company, focusing on IT security which is where I am currently working now. The course that I studied at Sheffield Hallam made it possible to find a graduate job back in Malaysia and to reach where I am today. Coming back to Sheffield made me realise how quickly time flies and I am looking forward to exploring places in the UK which I didn’t have the chance to previously. I am especially looking forward to going to places such as Durham and Lincoln.”

Kimberly Boey, who also studied BA Hon Business with E-Commerce and Marketing, said “When I went back to Malaysia, I did various jobs related to digital marketing and mobile advertising which are both rapidly developing areas in Malaysia. Afterwards, I spent two years working for an advertising network company focusing on sales and business development which I enjoyed. Coming back to Sheffield after four years, it doesn’t feel like it has been that long! I still remember all the places I used to go, and they are still there! There are also new places too and I have missed Sunday roasts in the UK, which you cannot get in Malaysia. I am looking forward to exploring the Peak District during my holiday here, as I want to explore the views and scenery of my favourite film, Pride and Prejudice.”