Culture Connect is our cross-cultural peer mentoring scheme that helps new students settle into university life and meet friends from around the world.
Why you should become a mentee or mentor
It’s a great opportunity to
- get to know someone through a one-to-one supportive mentoring relationship
- develop your cultural awareness and learn about different traditions
- attend social activities and regular soft skills training with other members
- reflect on your learning and monitor your own behaviour
- prepare for work in diverse organisations and add to your CV
- gain eligibility for the Hallam Award which is recognised by employers
You will also be allocated a Super Mentor and a mentoring group – with whom you can discuss challenges and share helpful advice during your time on the scheme. Your group will be made up of different nationalities which enables you to gain a wide range of perspectives.
Find out more and apply