International Student Registration at Faculty Helpdesks

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)

“What documents do I need to bring to register at my Faculty Helpdesk?”

You must bring your SHU Card (Student ID card).

“I have received an email inviting me to register at my Faculty Helpdesk, but I can’t attend. What should I do?”

Please note that all current Tier 4 students enrolled at Sheffield Hallam University must attend Registration unless they are in one of the following situations and have requested an Authorised Absence:

• You are currently absent from study, or will be absent during the Registration period. This may be due to illness or other circumstances;
  • You are currently studying away from Sheffield, for example if you are conducting research at a location outside Sheffield;
  • You are in your home country completing your remaining studies, for example, writing up your Dissertation;
  • You have returned to your home country / have left Sheffield, because you have recently completed all of your required studies or;
  • You are absent for any other reason.

If any of the above applies to you and you have not yet requested an Authorised Absence, you must contact your Faculty in person or by email urgently to request an Authorised Absence – please see below for instructions on how to do this.

“I am currently on Placement – what should I do?”

Please reply urgently to tier4registration@shu.ac.uk with your Student ID number and details of your Placement, including the date you began your Placement, the full name and address of your Placement employer, and the date your Placement ends.

We will then review your response and advise you.

“I am currently living outside of Sheffield and it will be difficult for me to attend Registration – what should I do?”

You must urgently respond to tier4registration@shu.ac.uk with full details. Please include your Student ID number and Course Title in your response. We will then review your response and advise you.

“I have recently changed my immigration status / visa type and no longer require a Tier 4 (General) student visa – what should I do?”

Please reply urgently to tier4registration@shu.ac.uk with details of your new immigration status / visa type. If possible, please attach electronic copies of your new visa documents – i.e. your visa ‘vignette’ and BRP card if you have one – to your email. Please include your Student ID number and Course Title in your response.

“I am a UK or EU student and believe I have been invited to Registration by mistake – what should I do?”

Please reply urgently to tier4registration@shu.ac.uk with details. If possible please attach a scanned, electronic copy of your UK/EU passport to your email. Please include your Student ID number in your response.

“I did not register and I have lost my IT access – what should I do?”

You must contact your Faculty and register as soon as possible. Or if you are unable to attend you must respond to tier4registration@shu.ac.uk urgently.

“I have other questions about Registration.”

If you have any other queries, please email tier4registration@shu.ac.uk, including your Student ID number and Course Title in your email.