Fundraising for cancer research – Great North Run

Recently I decided to dust off my trainers and sign up for the Great North Run. I didn’t decide to do this for myself or because I am an avid runner. I decided to do this for Cancer Research UK. About three years ago a friend of mine discovered that she had a rare form of cancer and after a two year courageous battle with the disease she unfortunately passed away. I struggle to believe it happened and still believe I am going to bump into her somewhere.

Now I am no doctor, no scientist, no great researcher who has the ability to spend my days trying to find a cure for this horrid disease. What I do have is two legs (granted a little wobbly at times) to run me around 13 miles and in doing this hopefully raise money so these people can continue to do their amazing work to blast cancer into oblivion. So for the granddad I never got the chance to know, for my nan who also lost her battle, for Amy who died too young and the many others who have lost someone to this disease and for the people who are battling it right now: help me, help them.

Please donate what you can at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Emily-France

Emily France, FD