Our plans for #SocMedHE17 are well under way, the booking system is now OPEN for early-bird bookings
Information to help you plan:
18th December 2017: pre-conference social event 6pm – Late
This years pre-conference social event will be at Tamper, a former silversmith works in the heart of Sheffield’s Cultural Industries Quarter. It will be an informal and fun evening with plenty of space to sit, relax and socialise.
All tickets are likely to cost £40 per head including buffet and some drinks. This will be confirmed in the next few weeks.
19th December 2017: conference
– Registration will open at 8 am
– We aim for the Key-Not to start at 9 am
– The conference will close at 4 pm prompt with no plenary.
– Final programme will be announced in September
– Standard Delegates: early bird £150; full rate £180
– Students: early bird £80; full rate £100
– Sheffield Hallam University staff: flat rate £150 (SHU staff please note: you must book with your SHU email address to qualify, and you will need an activity/cost code to book).
– Pre-conference social event ticket: flat rate (price to be confirmed – likely to be £40)
Early bird will close Friday 29th September
All attending presenters must register for the conference
#SocMedHE17 will take place in Sheffield Hallam University’s Charles Street building, it’s a five minute walk from the train station and in walking distance of many of the city’s hotels. http://www.shu.ac.uk/university/visit/find-us/city.html . The pre-conference event venue is also nearby.
- How to get here: http://www.shu.ac.uk/university/visit/find-us/
- Car parking is possible in one of the city’s car parks, there are discounted rates http://www.shu.ac.uk/opendays/get-here
- We’ll send joining instructions, and directions by email before the date.
Sheffield has a wide range of accommodation on offer, with many hotels a very short distance from the conference venue. We will have some rooms allocated at various hotels with protected rates, details will be provided when booking opens.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
Best wishes from the SocMedHE organising team!