We’re in the process of finalising the programme for SocMedHE16 , and a list of short abstracts of the papers is now on the site, in the next few weeks we’ll be finalising the order of the day.
15th December 2016: pre-conference social event 6pm – Late
For this years pre-conference social event (with full buffet), we’re going off-site to Tamper, a former silversmith works in the heart of Sheffield’s Cultural Industries Quarter. The food there is amazing and we’re really looking forward to it. It will be an informal and fun evening with plenty of space to sit, relax and socialise. We’ll reprise the quiz of #SocMedHE15 and there will (of course!) be prizes.
All tickets will cost £40 per head including buffet and some drinks, note that places are likely to be limited.
16th December 2016: conference
– Registration will open at 8 am
– The Key-Not (yes that’s spelled correctly) will start at 9.15 prompt
– The conference will close at 4 pm. As with last year, there will not be a plenary.
– Standard Delegates:
early bird £150; full rate £180
early bird £80; full rate £100
– Sheffield Hallam University staff: flat rate £150 (note: you must book with your SHU email address to qualify)
Early bird is now closed
All attending presenters must register for the conference
We’ll be hosting #SocMedHE16 at Sheffield Hallam University’s city campus again, but this time in our new Charles Street Building – all in one place, and with a fast lift! it’s a five minute walk from the train station and in walking distance of many of the city’s hotels. http://www.shu.ac.uk/university/visit/find-us/city.html . The pre-conference social venue is also nearby.
- How to get here: http://www.shu.ac.uk/university/visit/find-us/
- Car parking is possible in one of the city’s car parks, there are discounted rates http://www.shu.ac.uk/opendays/get-here
- We’ll send joining instructions, and directions by email before the date.
Sheffield has a wide range of accommodation on offer, with many hotels a very short distance from the conference venue. We have arranged protected rates at some of our local hotels for those of you who wish to attend the pre-conference event!
Coming by train from Liverpool, London or Derby? take advantage of discounted fares from East Midland Trains. Note you’ll need to order these at least ten days in advance, or longer if coming from overseas
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best wishes from the SocMedHE organising team!