Following last weekend’s Blackboard upgrade, a refresh of shuspace is now underway.
This has been driven by student feedback which highlighted a need to reduce clutter on tabs, make the most used tools more prominent and improve access from mobile devices.
Some of the modifications include:
- A new banner and colour scheme throughout shuspace.
- A responsive display which automatically adapts the design of the webpage to suit the device on which it is accessed. For instance, on a mobile phone the content is displayed top to bottom rather than in a 3 column format.
- The login page now allows search of shuspace content, so new students can access information even before they have an institutional login.
- The login page has a single prominent message, allowing the University to target key messages to students more strongly.
- Once a user has logged in, there is no longer an option to add additional channels to each tab. Removing this option frees up considerable space on the page, and it was not a heavily used feature in shuspace.
- The bar at the top of MySHU (where the search box was) has been removed, and the search channel will be added in the right-hand column soon.Until then, please search for particular content using the search box on another tab, such as University Life.
- The sub-tabs for Notifications Dashboard and My Page have been removed as again they were not used much and free up more screen space.
- Changes have been made to some of the other tabs on shuspace to reduce the number of channels and ensure key services are more prominent.
- To help us signpost students to key resources and maximise the use of space in the tabs, channels will be in a consistent place – users will also no longer be able to rearrange the channels on their tabs.
Thank you for bearing with us while we make these changes to improve the student experience.