Take notice

Davey Silver, Welfare & Community Officer

Hi there, I’m Davey Silver and I’m your Welfare and Community officer for 2016/17. My role is to make sure that you are able to feel like part of a community during your time at Sheffield Hallam. I oversee campaigns on issues that affect you as a student such as housing, finance, health and general wellbeing. I’ll be supporting the ‘Take notice’ area of the 5 ways.
Evidence around mindfulness, awareness of what’s around and paying attention to the present moment can really change the way you manage stressful situations, giving you a valuable tool to stay mentally healthy. Interestingly, savouring an experience can help to reinstate life priorities.
The University is a large organisation and its worth finding out all the support services that are on offer so you can make the most of your time at University. Sheffield is located in a beautiful part of the country and hosts a whole range of cultural festivals and events so try and find the time to enjoy what it has to offer. This might include noticing a piece of student art work, spending time in one of Sheffield’s parks and noticing the changing seasons or visiting a different café for lunch.
Here are some other actions you could try –
Check out What’s Happening

healthy-hallam-see-posts