Be active

Laura Baggs, Sports & Physical Activity Officer

Welcome! I’m Laura Baggs and my role as Sports and Physical Activity Officer is to help, support and develop the students sports teams and individuals at the university. I also help ensure that, with all the decisions made through the University Boards, the students’ perspectives are at the heart of everything we do. I’ll be supporting and promoting the ‘Be active’ element of the 5 ways to wellbeing this year.
The University is part of a city that is encouraging all of its citizens to ‘move more’ with the aim of helping to make Sheffield the most active city in the UK. Regular physical activity is associated with
Activities don’t need to be particularly intense for you to feel good and some can become part of your routine whilst on campus including taking the stairs not the lift; walking into University (perhaps with a friend) and going for a walk at lunchtime or when you have a break from study.lower rates of depression and anxiety across all age groups. Exercise is essential for slowing age related cognitive decline and for promoting wellbeing.
Here are some other actions you could try
Check out What’s Happening

healthy-hallam-see-posts