Every step, another story

Imagine you are standing in the middle of a road; a road that you have already travelled for days, weeks, months, years. You halt and observe your current situation. Ahead of you lie more uncertainty, more challenges and more adventure. How do you face this? Do you turn around and travel back to what you already know? Cocoon yourself back into your ‘safe’ surroundings and undo all of your hard work? Or do you embrace that next pace forward and continue with this gruelling yet rewarding journey.
‘My name is Jessica Mell, a woman 20 years of age that is full of life, happiness and aspirations. Sadly, these are personality traits that were more recently disguised with weakness, isolation and despair. This was due to a slow introduction of unwanted triggers and circumstances, leading to a situation where I found myself tightened under the gruelling grasp of an eating disorder. I didn’t ask for Anorexia to make an appearance in my life, in fact up until January 2015 when the diagnosis was made, I was not really aware of what this mental illness was.’
Taking notice and looking after your mental health is one of the most positives things you can do – below are some interesting links – take a look
Read more on Jess’s blog
Mind – the mental health charity
Welcome to the Moodzone – nhs
Rethink mental illness
Mental health myths, facts and stats
#healthyhallam #5waystowellbeing #takenotice