…Do you wish to travel to the Republic of Ireland?
From the end of October 2014, Chinese nationals who have a UK student visitor visa, can also use that visa to travel to the Republic of Ireland . This will be extended to Indian nationals later this year.
The Home Office has not yet set an exact date for launch of the scheme, but it has published some information about the British-Irish visit visa here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/british-irish-visa-scheme/british-irish-visa-scheme
We will publish more news about the scheme when we have it.
If you do not book a one-to-one appointment to see an immigration adviser at least 2 weeks before your visa is due to expire, then we may not be able to assist you with your application and you will have to send your documents off yourself.
You must attend a group session before you can book a one-to-one appointment.
It is important that you attend a group session at least 2 months before your visa is due to expire. You will be unable to get a CAS application form if you have not attended a group session.
The next group sessions will be taking place as follows:
- Thursday 13 November at 2.00pm – 3.30pm
- Tuesday 18 November at 10.00am – 11.30am
- Thursday 27 November at 2.00pm – 3.00pm
Please come to the Student Services Centre, level 5 Owen or Heart of the Campus to book on to a group session.
The Careers and Employment Service are offering the following workshops which are specifically designed for International Students:
|Prepare for the Fair - for international students||Not sure how to speak to UK employers at recruitment fairs or make the most of other opportunities? Then come along to our lively interactive workshop, helping you to approach UK employers effectively. ||Monday 20 October 2014, 4.00pm - 6.00pm
|Finding Graduate Jobs in the UK – for international students||Want to work in the UK after graduation? Book on for guidelines around working in the UK as an international student and tips on the most effective strategies you can use to find graduate level jobs.||Monday 3 November 2014, 10.30am - 11.30am
|Finding Part time Work - for international students||Looking for Part-Time jobs in the UK? Want to work while you study? Part-time jobs are a great way to improve your employability and language skills and this session will help you to find relevant part-time jobs and to market your skills to UK employers.||Friday 21 November, 2.30pm - 3.30pm
If you would like to sign up for the ‘Prepare for the Fair’ workshop on Monday 20 October, you can do so here.
- Student Wellbeing are offering workshops during October including assertiveness skills and mindfulness. Open to all students.
- Would you like to improve your academic skills? There are a range of options including workshops on critical writing and literature reviews as well as interactive online activities including reading and note making.
- Want some help with studying at university level or to update your skills in research and writing? Find out about Masterclass sessions – new session added.
- It is the time of year when criminals try to take advantage of students. Be aware and watch out for email scams!
- If you are interested in working full-time in the UK after you graduate, then ‘Working in the UK after studies’ sessions provide information about Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 5 visa routes.
International Student Support Team