Last Week we successfully ran our Mature Student Welcome Programme, welcoming 59 new students at City Campus and 46 new students at Collegiate. At 105 students, this is almost double the number of attendees we had last year.

Here’s what some of the attendees had to say about the events

“I’ve found the information very useful and everyone has been incredibly supportive. I loved that there were existing student ambassadors and that I could get a feel for the diversity of the mature student cohort. SHU has exceeded my expectations so far.”

“[It’s a] good opportunity to meet people who will be in your faculty and to get an idea of what to expect coming to Uni. It helps to reduce the nerves, definitely”

“Really useful sessions. Nice to meet other mature students especially as we’re all in the same boat.”

Special thanks to all of our presenters and also to our fabulous student ambassadors for sharing their experiences and helping the day go smoothly.

If you’re a mature student and you missed our welcome programme, take a look at our support pages to find out more information about the support we can offer.