Do you fancy using your skills and experience to support other students before they start, as they settle in and as they progress through University life? The Student Funding & Access Support Team need the help of enthusiastic and supportive student ambassadors to assist in running a variety of different projects throughout the year. The roles are a great opportunity to develop your skills, enhance your CV and earn some cash! Keep reading to find out the experience of one of our current student ambassadors.

Working as a mature student ambassador by Jade Hicks

Once I started I kept my eye on the careers opportunities anJaded signed up for campus job alert emails, where I spotted an advertisement for mature student ambassadors. I knew I had to try to be a part of this, so I applied. And now here am at the end of my first year, I have been a part of a Mature Student Welcome Programme as an ambassador and also worked on the Returning to Learning stand during an Open Day. Despite my initial fears of presenting publically, being an ambassador and feeling I’m helping others in their transition has given me the confidence to do it. I have a very busy schedule with my course and family life, it is a juggle but it is doable, if you’re enthusiastic and organised it can be done. I love being an ambassador as it helps me meet new people and I feel like I’m helping them as they start their journey here at Hallam. The staff members are great, friendly and supportive and always worked around my availability, letting me know which days are available to work as an ambassador. I never thought I’d be able to work with such a demanding course and the juggle of this with my home life, but it can be done!”

We are recruiting ambassadors now so click here to find out more and apply!