Matt Holmes, Digital Media Production Graduate, talks about the course & his role as digital marketer through RISE

The MArt Digital Media Production course prepared me for my role as digital marketer in a number of ways. In terms of practical skills I am now able to produce some high quality visual and interactive content to promote the recruitment business I work for. As well as having a dedicated module in professional context, which introduces you to the best ways to implement your skills in a working and professional environment. I benefited from having the support and knowledge of all my lecturers and staff from within the course who were all determined and driven towards giving you everything you require to work in a digital field.

I work in a recruitment agency, and my role is to manage all their digital and online assets to market the company and encourage sign up of new candidates and clients. I need to provide and source high quality content to distribute on social media, which includes producing visual content such as advertisements and motion graphics. I also manage their website and blog where I have a large focus on content and search engine optimization (SEO).

The teaching staff that work within the media arts programme are actively part of the industry and still work on producing content in their respected fields. This gives you great opportunities to meet some industry professionals who are always great to network with and speak to. They have all been in a similar situation to you at the beginning of their career and their advice can be invaluable and isn’t something you should take for granted!

Matt Holmes