Assessment for Applied Learning Forum
Who are we?
The Assessment for Applied Learning Forum was set up to:
- Organise a programme of seminars and workshops to share cutting-edge assessment practices and stimulate developments within SHU, in line with the University’s applied mission.
- Seek collaboration and internal/ external funding to support new developments.
- Establish a research network to inform evaluate and disseminate assessment practices which foster applied learning.
- Create and develop an on-going programme of seminars and workshops relating to assessment practices fostering applied learning, including external speakers.
- Create a University-wide research network on assessment practices which align to the University’s applied mission.
- Create research projects supported by internal and/ or external funding on assessment practices fostering applied learning.
- Increase the number of innovative assessment practices, using technology and/or work-based/ real life approaches.
- Pedagogic publications.