Assessment for Applied Learning Forum
You are here: Academic Essentials > Assessment and Feedback > Assessment for Applied Learning Forum
Who are we?
The Assessment for Applied Learning Forum was set up to:
- Organise a programme of seminars and workshops to share cutting-edge assessment practices and stimulate developments within SHU, in line with the University’s applied mission.
- Seek collaboration and internal/ external funding to support new developments.
- Establish a research network to inform evaluate and disseminate assessment practices which foster applied learning.
- Create and develop an on-going programme of seminars and workshops relating to assessment practices fostering applied learning, including external speakers.
- Create a University-wide research network on assessment practices which align to the University’s applied mission.
- Create research projects supported by internal and/ or external funding on assessment practices fostering applied learning.
- Increase the number of innovative assessment practices, using technology and/or work-based/ real life approaches.
- Pedagogic publications.
Visit Academic Essentials: teaching and research development – activities and events section for details of upcoming assessment and feedback related opportunities.
The group have hosted a number of events that showcase assessment and feedback at College/Departmental level. These resources are highlighted throughout the content under each of the 6 elements of assessment and feedback.
Group main contacts
- Christine O’Leary: email@example.com
- Jayne Revill: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Last updated: 21st June 2022 NB|