The Transforming Lives sessions give all staff the opportunity to hear updates directly from the project leads on strategy implementation. There will also be the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
July 2019 – Campus Masterplan and the Student Support Model
July’s Transforming Lives Strategy Update session will provide you with an update on progress made on the Campus Masterplan as well as introduce a new student support offer for our students. These sessions give all staff the opportunity to hear updates directly from the project leads on strategy implementation. There will also be the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
The following session is now live and tickets can be booked here:
Wednesday 17 July: 10.30 – 11.30am, Stoddart-7140 (City Campus)
Please be aware this session will be filmed
Wednesday 17 July: 1.00 – 2.00pm, Robert Winston Building-F518 (Collegiate Campus)
- Daniel Ladbury (Director of Estates) – Dan will update on the current progress made on the Campus Masterplan.
- Carol Saunders (SAS), Melissa Jacobi (STEER) and Simon Thompson (BESE) – The trio will introduce the new Student Support Model which seeks to create a more joined-up support offer for our students.
We plan to share video footage and slides following the sessions; these will be available on the Strategy page as quickly as possible.
Future session dates for your diary
The Transforming Lives sessions will resume in October. Details will be made available in due course.
Previous Transforming Lives sessions
- June 2019 – Greg Burke and Dr Iain Garner – South Yorkshire Futures and the Hallam Academic Programme
- May 2019 – Sarah Swales – Staff Engagement Survey results
- April 2019 – Prof Kevin Kerrigan and Conor Moss – our business engagement agenda and Prof Roger Eccleston – the Hallam Model
- March 2019 – Prof Jacqueline Stevenson – BAME attainment website and Nicola Rawlins – undergraduate recruitment
- February 2019 – Sarah Swales – Staff Engagement Survey and Zoe Sibeko – web strategy
- January 2019 David Kyffin – The Hallam Guild
- November 2018 Sarah Swales – The Hallam Deal and Claire Gandy – Student Help and Advice
- October 2018 Roger Eccleston and Krassimira Teneva – Global Engagement Plan and Greg Burke – South Yorkshire Futures
- State of Hallam 2018 Sir Chris Husbands set out an overview of the University’s current development, its external operating environment and priorities for the year.
- July 2018 Deborah Harry – Financial Environment Update and Leon Etherington – Technology Strategy
- June 2018 Kevin Kerrigan – Student and Graduate Enterprise, Eddy Verbaan – Elements, Tom Russell and Liz Smart – Subject TEF
- February 2018 Dan Ladbury – Campus Masterplan and Roger Eccleston – Creating Knowledge Implementation Plan)
- January 2018 Christina Hughes – Shaping Futures and Sarah Swales – The Hallam Deal
Each of the pillars have their own key dates with a calendar showing board meeting dates, the preceding deadline for papers and any other dates relating to the work streams activity:
- Creating Knowledge
- Shaping Futures
- Leading Locally and Engaging Globally
- Building a Great University