The Transforming Lives sessions give all staff the opportunity to hear updates directly from the project leads on strategy implementation. There will also be the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
March 2019 – Undergraduate recruitment and BAME attainment
March’s Transforming Lives Strategy Update session will focus on student recruitment and the black, Asian and minority ethnic attainment gap. These sessions give all staff the opportunity to hear updates directly from the project leads on strategy implementation. There will also be the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
The following sessions are now live and tickets can be booked here:
Wednesday 20 March (10.30am-11.30pm), Adsetts 6620 (City campus)
Please be aware this session will be filmed.
Wednesday 20 March (1.30pm – 2.30pm), Heart of the Campus HC 0.06 (Collegiate campus)
- Nicola Rawlins (Group Director of Recruitment, Communications and Marketing) – Nicola will provide an update regarding undergraduate recruitment.
- Professor Jacqueline Stevenson (Head of Research for SIoE) – Prof Stevenson will talk about the new black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) attainment gap website which launched in January.
We plan to share video footage and slides following the sessions; these will be available on the Strategy page as quickly as possible.
Save the date
The next Transforming Lives sessions are as follows:
Wednesday 17 April: 10.30 – 11.30am, Owen-527 Peak Lecture Theatre (City Campus)
Wednesday 17 April: 12.30 – 1.30pm, Heart of the Campus HC.0.06 (Collegiate Campus)
Future session dates for your diary
- Wednesday 20 March 2019 – 10.30 – 11.30am, Adsett-6620, City
- Wednesday 20 March 2019 – 1.30 – 2.30pm, HC.0.06, Collegiate
- Wednesday 17 April 2019 – 10.00 – 11.00am, Owen-527 Peak Lecture Theatre, City
- Wednesday 17 April 2019 – 12.30 – 1.30pm, HC.0.06, Collegiate
- Wednesday 15 May 2019 – 11.30am – 12.30pm, Stoddart-7140, City
- Wednesday 15 May 2019 – 1.30-2.30pm, RWB-F518, Collegiate
- Wednesday 19 June 2019 – 10.30 – 11.30am, Stoddart-7140, City
- Wednesday 19 June 2019 – 1.30-2.00pm, Coll Hall-A021, Collegiate
- Wednesday 17 July 2019 – 10.30 – 11.30am, Stoddart-7140, City
- Wednesday 17 July 2019 – 1.30 – 2.00pm, RWB-F518, Collegiate
Above are the proposed dates for future Transforming Lives sessions. Booking details will be posted as they become available. It is planned for the sessions to be recorded and made available on these pages as soon as possible after the event.
Previous Transforming Lives sessions
- February 2019 – Sarah Swales – Staff Engagement Survey and Zoe Sibeko – web strategy
- January 2019 David Kyffin – The Hallam Guild
- November 2018 Sarah Swales – The Hallam Deal and Claire Gandy – Student Help and Advice
- October 2018 Roger Eccleston and Krassimira Teneva – Global Engagement Plan and Greg Burke – South Yorkshire Futures
- State of Hallam 2018 Sir Chris Husbands set out an overview of the University’s current development, its external operating environment and priorities for the year.
- July 2018 Deborah Harry – Financial Environment Update and Leon Etherington – Technology Strategy
- June 2018 Kevin Kerrigan – Student and Graduate Enterprise, Eddy Verbaan – Elements, Tom Russell and Liz Smart – Subject TEF
- February 2018 Dan Ladbury – Campus Masterplan and Roger Eccleston – Creating Knowledge Implementation Plan)
- January 2018 Christina Hughes – Shaping Futures and Sarah Swales – The Hallam Deal
Each of the pillars have their own key dates with a calendar showing board meeting dates, the preceding deadline for papers and any other dates relating to the work streams activity:
- Creating Knowledge
- Shaping Futures
- Leading Locally and Engaging Globally
- Building a Great University