Writing Retreats

COVID-19  update:  All our writing retreats are continuing and are currently being offered in an online / remote format until we are able to return to campus. 

“This is the third retreat I have attended and I found the time very valuable. The facilitator’s considered and helpful feedback was invaluable in giving confidence to continue with my application.”

“I found it extremely useful. I really appreciated the individual feedback I got from the facilitator, and their comments were very useful. I have since used the feedback and submitted my application.”

We provide a quiet space at either City or Collegiate campus to focus on the ongoing development of your submission. You need to bring your own laptop and use the time away from e-mail and telephone to really make some progress! One-to-one guidance and support are available on any aspect of your draft submission – it could be a content discussion based on rough bullet points or comments on a fully completed draft. Plenty of paper-based resources will also be on hand. If workloads do not permit a full day, then come for just a morning or afternoon but please tell us first! You may book onto these retreats as often as you like.

These retreats run approximately twice every month.  Further details regarding specific dates and how to book a place, can be found via the TALENT calendar or by contacting talent@shu.ac.uk

Please note: to book on to a Writing Retreat you must have attended a Development Workshop within the last 12 months and registered for the TALENT scheme.