There are lots of ways you can support student reps:
- Encourage them to attend training sessions and to engage with the support available from the Students’ Union and their faculty.
- Make sure that they can contact all students on their course.
- Provide them with Blackboard facilities or time within lectures/seminars to help them gather feedback from students.
- Help them to promote themselves.
- If possible, provide meeting space if they want to meet with students or with other reps.
- Offer them guidance and support e.g. preparing for and attending committee meetings.
- Try to make your committee meetings inclusive and supportive environments for students.
- Promote the rep system and the value of student representation to staff and students.