shaping the student experience
Student Engagement, Evaluation and Research (StEER) was formed in 2015, to support the needs of students, as identified through the generation, evaluation and analysis of student information. This includes evaluations and surveys, as well as student engagement at all levels of our formal and informal structures. Our aim is to inform and develop practice within the University, in order to improve the student experience and support the delivery of the University Strategy.
The directorate is led by Neil McKay, Dean of Students, email@example.com
It consists of three work streams:
- Student Research and Evaluation, led by Stella Jones-Devitt, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Engagement, led by Jill Lebihan, email@example.com
- Student Experience Information , managed by Carolyn Fearn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our current work prioritises:
- corporate administration and sector benchmarking of various institutional student data sets to drive an excellent student experience (NSS, DLHE, UKES, PTES/PRES, MEQ, KIS)
- implementing impact evaluations based on good practice from the sector (retention, employability, WP/access)
- developing approaches to Learner Analytics to support student engagement
- a partnership approach to addressing issues in student engagement
- student engagement in internal assurance and enhancement activities (including student rep systems)
- designing and facilitating events and workshops for enhancing the student experience
- research expertise and consultancy to support educational development
To subscribe to this blog, enter your email address in the subscription box opposite.
If you’re interested in writing for this blog please contact us at email@example.com.