Our plans for #SocMedHE17 are well under way, the booking system is now OPEN
Information to help you plan:
18th December 2017: pre-conference social event 6pm – Late
It will be an informal and fun evening with plenty of space to sit, relax and socialise.
All tickets cost £40 per head including buffet and some drinks. Further details will be communicated in November.
19th December 2017: conference
– Registration will open at 8.30 am
– We aim for the BYOC to start at 9.30 am
– The conference will close at 4 pm prompt with no plenary.
– Final programme will be announced in November.
– Standard Delegates:
early bird £150; full rate £180
early bird £80; full rate £100
– Sheffield Hallam University (SHU staff please note: you must book with your SHU email address to qualify, and you will need an activity/cost code to book).
– Pre-conference social event ticket: flat rate £40
Early bird is now closed!
All attending presenters must register for the conference
#SocMedHE17 will take place in Sheffield Hallam University’s Charles Street building, it’s a five minute walk from the train station and in walking distance of many of the city’s hotels. http://www.shu.ac.uk/university/visit/find-us/city.html . The pre-conference event venue is also nearby.
- How to get here: http://www.shu.ac.uk/university/visit/find-us/
- Car parking is possible in one of the city’s car parks, there are discounted rates http://www.shu.ac.uk/opendays/get-here
- We’ll send joining instructions, and directions by email before the date.
Sheffield has a wide range of accommodation on offer, with many hotels a very short distance from the conference venue. Take a look at the various hotels with special rates, along with a link to discounted train tickets if applicable.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best wishes from the SocMedHE organising team!