Use this booking form http://socmedhe15.confreg.co.uk/ to reserve your place and pay online.
If you would prefer to pay via invoice, there is an option for that within the form.
8:00 – Registration opens, with refreshments
9:10-10:10 – Welcome and Keynote by Eric Stoller
10:20-11:20 – Workshop 1 & Thunderstorms
11:20-11:35 – Refreshment Break
11:35-12:05 – Short Papers 1
12:10-12:40 – Short Papers 2
12:40-13:40 – Lunch
13:40-14:40 – Workshop 2 & Thunderstorms
14:40-14:55 – Refreshment Break
14:55-15:25 – Short Papers 3
15:30-16:00 – Short Papers 4
16:00 – Conference ends
There’s more information in this blog post – “Are you getting your travels sorted?”
Don’t forget, we are also planning some workshops on the afternoon of the 17th, more information as it’s organised.
And lastly, don’t forget the pre-conference dinner!
- Standard Delegate – £125
- Sheffield Hallam Staff – £100 (you must use your SHU email address to qualify)
- Students – £100
- Pre-conference dinner ticket All – £50
Note – The Early Bird rate is now closed.
Sheffield has a wide range of accommodation on offer, with many hotels a very short distance from the conference venue. We have some rooms allocated for us at the Jurys Inn, The Novotel, and The Leopold with protected rates. To benefit from these rates, you will need to use the following link:
Train fare offer Using the same link, you will find information on some reduced train fares for this conference. We understand that UK visitors will need to use this link no later than one week before the conference. Overseas visitors are likely to be too late, as they require 1 month notice.
More Information to help you plan:
- We are planning some practical workshops from 2-5 on 17th December These will be free of charge for all delegates, but you will need to book a place. Make room in your diary!
- There will be an optional pre-conference dinner the evening before, on Thursday 17th December, giving delegates a chance to arrive in time, have a hot meal, relax and socialise before the event.
- We’ve had an amazing response with papers submitted for the conference – the abstracts are now on this site, and the full details will be available later in November. Keep an eye on Twitter!
#SocMedHE will be held at the CITY Campus of Sheffield Hallam University, in the heart of the city..
- Map: http://www.shu.ac.uk/university/visit/find-us/city.html. We’re only a 5 minute walk from Sheffield train station. If coming from there, walk up Howard Street (pedestrianised), and you will see the main entrance to the University on your Right. The conference will be well signposted from there.
- How to get here: http://www.shu.ac.uk/university/visit/find-us/
- Car parking is possible in one of the cities carparks, there are discounted rates http://www.shu.ac.uk/opendays/get-here
- We’ll send joining instructions, and directions by email before the date.
Please note that cancellations were only accepted and refunds issued if received before midnight 15th November 2015. As this date has now past, your registration can be transferred to another named individual from your institution if you can no longer attend. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
For more information about Sheffield: http://www.welcometosheffield.co.uk/visit
Finally – if you have any queries about the conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you here!
Best wishes from the SocMedHE organising team