Lynda.com is migrating to LinkedIn Learning on the 8th of July. The system will be down for approximately 18 hours and any staff or students who previously used Lynda.com will receive an email once the migration is complete.
If you have previously used Lynda.com, everything from your Lynda.com account will be moved over, including your course history, completed courses and playlists. All you have to do is activate your account by logging into LinkedIn Learning. As well as all the Lynda.com materials being moved over, there have been new features added to enhance your learning experience.
What is the difference?
- You will need to use a different link to login to LinkedIn Learning but you will still use your SHU login details for access. In addition all your data will be migrated automatically to the new platform including learning history and certificates.
- Your ‘playlists’ will now be called ‘collections’. See below for more details on what you need to do with them.
- You will be able to keep your learning history after leaving the University and transfer it to any organisation that has LinkedIn Learning
Important things to do
- If you have shared links to any courses these will be redirected to a course in LinkedIn Learning for one year. You will need to provide a direct link to replace this after that time.
- If you have shared links to playlists then these links will no longer work. Please take a record of your playlist using a screenshot and contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you share the lists. Note that playlists assigned by Group Administrators are not affected.
- You will need to download the LinkedIn Learning app to replace the Lynda.com app if you currently use Lynda.com content on your mobile or tablet.
How do I use LinkedIn Learning?
- To find out more about LinkedIn Learning and the new features available, watch how to use LinkedIn Learning. You might also find gaining skills with LinkedIn Learning of interest. Both of these courses are on LinkedIn Learning, so they will give you a taste of what’s in store on the new platform!
For further help and advice on using Lynda.com please contact email@example.com