A range of resources to support students in their use of social media is now available. Students can access these four resources at http://go.shu.ac.uk/socialmedia.
The resources include –
- How to use social media responsibly – a guide for students
– explaining why and how students need to be responsible in their use of social media and possible consequences of irresponsible actions
- Managing your digital footprint – four ways to stop your social media past damaging your real-life future
– a quick introduction and guide with pointers on how to find out more
- Using social media for learning – a guide to becoming strategic
– introducing ways to help you stand out from the crowd and enhance your learning
- Staying safe online – your guide to IT security
– covering real-world and digital IT security. (Compiled by IS&T)
In the weeks to come we’ll be collaborating with Careers and Employability, the Student Union, Staff using Social media in their LTA activities, and students who are using social media to great effect to support their learning and their employability. We’ll also be making sure that staff are clearly signposted to their own relevant resources (over, and above marketing guides and HR policy ) – so watch this space.
If you’d like to contribute, feed back or find out more about what’s happening, please get in touch with any of us.
Helen Rodger, Alison Purvis, Sue Beckingham