Advance your career with LinkedIn Learning (previously Lynda.com). Discover the most in-demand business, tech and creative skills with personalised recommendations and courses taught by industry experts. Whether you want to learn leadership skills, build a mobile app, or how to use software, LinkedIn Learning has something for you. Take marketing classes, get management training, learn graphic design, take photography courses, watch web and interactive design tutorials, and much more. Watch expert-taught courses in leadership, programming, IT, 3D animation, and much more.
An email about LinkedIn Learning has circulated students sometime last year but not everyone really understood what it’s about. With your SHU login you have access to LinkedIn Learning content (no need to pay for membership!) so it’s a great resource of guided videos by experts helping you learn skills valuable for your course and future career.
With LinkedIn Learning you have access to over 4,000 courses in business, tech and creative with more added each month.
Popular course topics and skills include:
– Learn business skills like becoming a manager, learn to give presentations, and how to negotiate
– Get communication tips and and time management training
– Develop leadership skills and get training on strategic planning
– Watch a variety of marketing tutorials like content marketing, digital marketing, SEO, and marketing tools like Google Analytics
– Brush up on Excel skills, QuickBooks, and other tools
– Learn coding languages like SQL, Java, C#, Python, and more
– Get the skills you need in IT infrastructure, database administration, and software administration
– Get training on game design and development
– Learn web development and how to build web applications or mobile apps
– Learn how to design and create a website
– Learn how to design logos, create ebooks, and more with in-depth tutorials on Illustrator, InDesign, Muse, and other software
– Learn photography and photo editing techniques, how to use a camera, Photoshop, Lightroom, and more
– Learn how to record and learn music production
– Learn videography and motion graphics with tutorials taught by experts
– Get 3D modeling and animation skills
Visit LinkedIn Learning or download their app to access their courses on the go: