We want to know how you make use of feedback to support your overall learning experience at Sheffield Hallam – how you engage with feedback, store and recall feedback for use in future learning and future assignments, and how technology can help students use feedback more effectively. We want to hear from you about your individual processes and strategies!
If you want to participate you will need to complete this expression of interest (by noon on Friday 2 December 2011) and then, if selected, starting 12 December 2011 until 13 April 2012 you will be asked to post a Tweet each time you receive, make use of or refer to feedback in future learning and future assessments. In addition, you will be asked to keep a weekly diary reflecting on all aspects of feedback over the same period of time. You will need to attend a short briefing session (during the week beginning 5 December 2011), commit around 20 minutes each week to keep the diary and participate in an end of study interview (on or after 16 April 2012). On completion of the study, and subject to review of your participation, you will receive a £50 Amazon voucher (or suitable alternative) and entered into a prize draw to win an iPad 2 (16GB wifi version) (or suitable alternative).
Who can participate?
To take part, you must:
- be enrolled as a full-time, on-campus, undergraduate student at Sheffield Hallam [i.e. studying at levels 3 (Foundation), 4 (First Year Undergraduate), 5, (Second Year Undergraduate) or 6 (Final Year Undergraduate)]
- have at least four of your modules supported by Blackboard sites
- own a mobile phone capable of posting to Twitter
- be willing to Tweet each instance of receiving and making use of feedback, and to commit around 20 minutes each week to keeping a diary, for the duration of the study
- attend the short pre-study briefing session
- participate in the hour-long end-of-study interview
This is a limited study, with only 30 places available. Selection to participate will be based on your responses to the expression of interest as we want to ensure a spread of participation across Faculties and levels of study. To register your interest, please complete this expression of interest by noon on Friday 2 December 2011. We will then contact those people selected to participate in the full study with further information.
All data will be treated with strictest confidence. If you have any questions, please email Stuart Hepplestone (S.J.Hepplestone@shu.ac.uk).