There are a variety of ways you can get help whether you’re at home, on placement, live outside Sheffield, or even upstairs in the library!
What… can you ask us about?
- borrowing from libraries and your borrower accounts
- logging in and using SHU IT systems
- using Microsoft Office software
- printing, copying and scanning
- finding and using materials for your assignments
- using library services and facilities eg booking PCs and group spaces
- referrals to other and specialist services
Where… you can go to get help!
- chat – useful at home, on placement, if you live at a distance, or even in the library
Chat for library support (including supporting users of IT systems and equipment in libraries) 24/7/365 – with our staff during daylight hours and university library colleagues in the US overnight
Chat for IT support 9am – 5pm Mon – Fri
If you’re in Adsetts or Collegiate, check out the library Helpdesk – opening hours on shuspace.
There are also IT Help Points located in Harmer and the Atrium at Heart of the Campus – opening hours are 8.45am-4.45pm (from 10am Weds).
- email – email@example.com and IThelp@shu.ac.uk
- phone – 0114 225 3333 24/7/365
- Twitter – @shu_library and @ITHelpSHU
Don’t get stuck – ask us!