1. How can I prepare?
There are Exam Success workshops throughout April as well as bitsize exam preparation sessions, find out more here, from the 18th – 22nd April which include
- Get exam ready
- Short essays for exams
- Exam wellbeing drop in
- How to make revision notes
- Exam wellbeing
- Memory tips for exams
2. Where are the best places to study?
If it’s peace and quiet your after there are a variety of places in both libraries
- Silent study room, level 2
- Quiet study area, level 2
- Quiet study room, level 4
- Silent study room, first floor
- Quiet study room, first floor
- Quiet study room, ground floor
3. Make sure you know before you go!
Find out what ID you need, what you can take into exams, venues locations and lots more – it’s all here on shuspace
There are a variety of ways you can get help whether you’re at home, on placement, live outside Sheffield, or even upstairs in the library!
What… can you ask us about?
- borrowing from libraries and your borrower accounts
- logging in and using SHU IT systems
- using Microsoft Office software
- printing, copying and scanning
- finding and using materials for your assignments
- using library services and facilities eg booking PCs and group spaces
- referrals to other and specialist services
Where… you can go to get help!
- chat – useful at home, on placement, if you live at a distance, or even in the library
Chat for library support (including supporting users of IT systems and equipment in libraries) 24/7/365 – with our staff during daylight hours and university library colleagues in the US overnight
Chat for IT support 9am – 5pm Mon – Fri
If you’re in Adsetts or Collegiate, check out the library Helpdesk – opening hours on shuspace.
There are also IT Help Points located in Harmer and the Atrium at Heart of the Campus – opening hours are 8.45am-4.45pm (from 10am Weds).
Don’t get stuck – ask us!
You’re ready to submit a piece of coursework and you need the cover sheet, but where is it? That depends on which faculty you’re in.
If you’re part of Development and Society (D&S), Health and Wellbeing (HWB), or Sheffield Business School
- Log in to shuspace and type ‘assessment diary’ into the search box
- Click on the search result that relates to your faculty (e.g. ‘Assessment diary – HWB) and log in
- In Assessment diary, choose the module and click to download the cover sheet
If you’re a student in Arts, Computing, Engineering and Science (ACES)
- Log in to shuspace and go to the Blackboard channel for your module
- Click on the ‘Assessment scheduler’ link in the main menu
- Choose the cover sheet relating to your assignment and click to download it
If you get stuck, go in person to your Faculty Helpdesk (where you hand in your work) and they can print off a cover sheet for you instead.