We’re making some changes at weekends from 1st August – here’s what you need to know
- Adsetts and Collegiate libraries are open 24/7/365 – and yes, that means Christmas day too!
- security staff are available at both Reception desks. At Adsetts this is just inside the main entrance on level 4 and at Collegiate it’s just inside the main doors on the ground floor
- you’ll need to remember your SHU card for entry (and exit at Adsetts), printing and borrowing
And if you need a helping hand…
- library chat is available 24/7 – you’ll find a link on your desktop, on shuspace and the Library Gateway (in the top right corner)
- you can phone 0114 2253333 24/7
- look on shuspace or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helpdesks are open Monday – Friday
As a result of your comments the grace period for returning books has increased from 3 days to 5 days (this includes weekends). Read more here
Over the summer we have installed new exit gates at the Adsetts Library. Our libraries are safe and secure places to meet and study and these new gates are designed to enhance this as they let us know who is in the building at all times. They also let us know at a glance how many people are in the library so we can see when our busy times are and target our resources to improve the service.
The same gates will be installed at Collegiate at a later date as part of a project to refurbish the whole of the Foyer and entrance area in the library.
From Monday 5 October you will need to swipe your SHUcard when you leave the Adsetts library, in exactly the same way as you do to enter it. So please have your card at the ready when you need to leave.
We’d love to hear your comments about this new development. Contact us and have your say.