This online training is one module from a series delivered via Epigeum (hosted externally by Oxford University Press)
Supervising Doctoral Studies will empower universities to ensure all staff members involved in the supervision of doctoral candidates (including external supervisors) are well equipped to deal with emerging challenges in this continually-changing field. The programme provides reassurance that institutions are employing the most effective and up-to-date techniques in supervision, ensuring the best possible environment for their doctoral candidates.
There are 10 hours of core activities and 20 hours of additional activities
- Introduction: The doctoral context (60 mins)
- Attracting and selecting doctoral applicants (75 mins)
- Approaching supervision (75 mins)
- Setting your candidate on the right course (90 mins)
- Managing progress (105 mins)
- Expectations and preparing for examination (90 mins)
- Issues in supervision (90 mins)
- Continuing your supervisory development (60 mins)
- Conclusion: Practice scenarios and full programme resources (25 mins)
Further information about registering for an account with Epigeum can be found here: Epigeum guidance document
The direct link to access the training is https://courses.epigeum.com/.