The workshop is intended to be of benefit to a wide range of Sheffield Hallam staff with an interest in, or responsibility for, research degree student examinations. It is likely to be of particular interest to inexperienced research degree examiners and staff who are considering putting themselves forward for such a role.
- to raise awareness of the University’s Research Degree Examination Procedures;
- to explore the roles of the internal and external examiner;
- to provide an opportunity for sharing good practice;
- to encourage debate on the issues around the definition and maintenance of research degree standards;
- to explore the management and conduct of the viva voce examination.
The workshop will run on 3 December 2018 and 11 March 2019 and further information and the booking link can be found on the events calendar.
Resources from previous workshops: