The Career Management Skills workshops will help you find your way through the career planning maze, find out more about yourself and give you tips on CV writing and maximising your chance of success in job applications.
Career Planning Tactics
Find your way through the career planning maze
– how to plan your career?
– what do PhD graduates do?
– how to succeed in academia?
– what non-academic roles are there available?
– how do employers view PhDs?
Personal Skills Analysis
Find out more about yourself in this practical interactive session
– what skills you have?
– what motives and interests you?
-what environment suits you?
– how do these impact on career choice?
– what steps to take to plan your career?
Get tips on CV writing and maximise your chance of success in job applications
– where to look for vacancies?
– how to market yourself effectively?
– how to write an academic CV?
– how effective your CV is?
Prepare yourself for interviews
– explore the purpose of an interview
– outline different interview formats
– what do employers want?
– how to present yourself effectively
– chance to practice