We have a number of Disparity in Attainment CPD training sessions scheduled between now and June that are available to book through Core Portal. These sessions directly support the BAME attainment gap.
Book now via Core Portal
The degree awarding gap, also called the degree attainment gap, between white and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME students) is complex problem that continues to challenge the Higher Education sector. That said, academic staff, through their core role as learning and teaching experts, alongside the professional services that support learning and teaching, are a major part of the solution. The series has been designed to build race equity into the core of everything we do at Hallam.
- Reimagining degree attainment – Tuesday 26 March 1-3pm Collegiate, Friday 29 March 10am-12noon City
- Intercultural Competence Part 1 – Friday 5 April 10-11am City, Friday 5 April 2-3pm Collegiate
- Using The Data – Wednesday 10 April 10am-12noon City, Thursday 11 April 10am-12noon Collegiate
- Intercultural Competence Part 2 – Tuesday 30 April 2-3pm City, Wednesday 1 May 2-3pm Collegiate
- Inclusive Curriculum – Thursday 13 June 10am-12noon City, Friday 14 June 10am-12noon Collegiate
For more details on each sessions please see the upcoming events page on the Narrowing the Gaps website.
These CPD sessions are now available for all academic and professional service staff to book onto via Core Portal.
Please disseminate this information about the series widely and also encourage colleagues to attend who may not be directly involved in initiatives that support narrowing the gap.
To book on to the Disparity in Attainment CPD sessions, log into Core Portal and select ‘Training’ in the Employee Portal. Enter ‘Disparity’ in the Keywords search to find and book the sessions.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact email@example.com