Tamsin Carr – ELearning Assistant
Assisting staff with technology they wish to use for teaching and learning, including:
- Blackboard Virtual Learning Environment
- Voting systems
- Device Apps and Browser-based software like Padlet, Screencast-O-Matic, Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365 etc.
- Booking equipment in and out and showing staff how to use it.
- Processing staff video by compressing and converting it and making it available on e.g. N Drive or Google Drive.
- Researching new technology.
- Creating Help Resources.
- Running training sessions for staff as part of the Technology Enhanced Learning programme, 1-2-1 individual sessions, and supporting students to use technology tools that are required for their assessment.
- DSLR filming and editing to highlight the student experience and aid recruitment, promote staff technology champions and those using innovative teaching etc.
Interests/Specialities within the role:
I enjoy the variety of work that I do, so please contact me about any TEL issue.
Due to my role, I am specifically responsible for equipment booking, so email me if you want to book any.
My background is in video production, and I really enjoy filming and editing.