Setting up a Turnitin submission point is simple when you follow these step-by-step instructions!
- Set up an ‘Assessment’ section on your module menu on the left hand side of your site.
- Set up separate folders within your ‘Assessment’ section on your site for any submissions the students are participating in.
- When setting up the submission point label this clearly and add any specific instructions for the students.
- Label the submission point clearly and set a date for it to become available to students and to be removed. For example, if it is formative reasons ensure it is available at least 5 weeks before the deadline and closes after the deadline.
- Go to the ‘optional settings’ on Turnitin and customise your submission point for the needs of you and your students.
- Select how you would like your submission point to work, make sure you state whether you want submissions after the date and if you would like Turnitin to generate originality reports. Below are the suggested settings;
- Now set up how you would like the originality report to be structured and what materials it should include and exclude. Below are the recommended settings;
- Your final steps are to ensure you have selected whether the students can view their originality report and where their paper will be submitted to.
Be aware; if you are using this as a formative measure do NOT allow their work to be submitted to the ‘standard paper repository’ as it will then be added to Turnitin’s pool of work and give the students larger results as they continue to submit for originality checking.
If you need any more assistance please contact the faculty TEL team;
Jason Ruffell- x 5213
Tamsin Carr- x 3293
Matthew Sparham- x 4989