Parallel session 1, Short Paper 1.3
Following completion of the evaluation of the EPCCMOOC, this presentation will share and disseminate key findings in terms of lessons learned, impact on existing provision, implications for future delivery and considerations for the institution.
Following a detailed evaluation of design, planning and delivery of the Enhancing Prostate Cancer Care MOOC , this presentation will share and disseminate key findings from the 1st MOOC delivered by SHU in collaboration with the Prostate Cancer UK charity and PebblePad.
This was a powerful learning experience for the EPCC MOOC course team, who embarked upon this with a number of objectives:
- To help raise awareness of and engagement with issues around Prostate Cancer and the patient pathway
- To determine whether our pedagogical approach to online DL delivery could remain effective at scale
- To ascertain the affordances presented by utilising PebblePad’s personal learning space to deliver a MOOC
- To raise awareness of the SHU portfolio of online DL and CPD Anywhere provision
- To test a range of approaches to delivery and (new to us) software and tools and explore their potential for our ‘business as usual’ delivery
- To explore the potential for aggregating CPD activity to allow participants to submit APEL claims from EPCCMOOC for credit.
During the presentation I will share key findings in terms of lessons learned, impact on existing provision, implications for future delivery and considerations for the institution.